Please have a look at the wikipage
and change your initscripts to comply with the LSB standard.
Especially check the exit status and add a LSB Header.
E.g. starting a service should return with 0, if the service is already running and stopping a stopped service should also return with 0.
Also check, if your service has to be _on_ per default, and turn it off in the old chkconfig line, if not.
spamass-milter-0.3.1-5.fc8 should be LSB-compliant.
I'll leave this ticket open though because the initscript expects spamassassin
to be running and hence has:
# Should-Start: spamd spamassassin
# Should-Stop: spamd spamassassin
I've used both "spamd" and "spamassassin" because spamassassin itself does not
yet have an LSB-compliant initscript and hence I don't know the feature name
that it will eventually provide is. The two names I've used seem reasonable
guesses and I'll remove whichever one is eventually not necessary at a later date.
Based on the date this bug was created, it appears to have been reported
during the development of Fedora 8. In order to refocus our efforts as
a project we are changing the version of this bug to '8'.
If this bug still exists in rawhide, please change the version back to
(If you're unable to change the bug's version, add a comment to the bug
and someone will change it for you.)
Thanks for your help and we apologize for the interruption.
The process we're following is outlined here:
We will be following the process here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping to ensure this
doesn't happen again.
Still waiting on dependent spamassassin initscript update (Bug 247061)
Given that there doesn't seem to be any prospect of spamassassin adding LSB headers to its initscript any time soon (Bug #247061 is closed now), there's no point holding this bug open any more.