Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 247852
Review Request: R-systemfit - Simultaneous Equation Estimation R Package
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:10 EST
Spec URL: http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/R-systemfit.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/R-systemfit-0.8-3.src.rpm
This R package contains functions for fitting simultaneous systems of linear
and nonlinear equations using Ordinary Least Squares (OLS), Weighted Least
Squares (WLS), Seemingly Unrelated Regressions (SUR), Two-Stage Least Squares
(2SLS), Weighted Two-Stage Least Squares (W2SLS), Three-Stage Least Squares
(3SLS), and Weighted Three-Stage Least Squares (W3SLS).
The URL seems incorrect; I think
is the right one, or perhaps
You'll need a Requires: R there as well. (The template has been updated to
rpmlint has the usual two complaints, plus one other:
W: R-systemfit file-not-utf8 /usr/share/R/library/systemfit/man/systemfit.Rd.gz
This is due to a single u-with-umlaut on line 244 of systemfit.Rd; a call to
iconv should fix it up.
The checks are very noisy, with many differences shown in the least significant
digits. However, it looks to me as if everything comes out OK.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently
(follows the R example template).
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
X rpmlint has a valid complaint.
* final provides and requires are sane:
R-systemfit = 0.8-3.fc8
* %check is present and all tests pass.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* Thu Jul 12 2007 Orion Poplawski <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 0.8-4
- Fix URL
- Add Requires: R
OK, now it's just down that file-not-utf8 error with systemfit.Rd.
(In reply to comment #3)
> OK, now it's just down that file-not-utf8 error with systemfit.Rd.
* Thu Jul 12 2007 Orion Poplawski <email@example.com> - 0.8-5
- Convert systemfit.Rd to UTF-8
Looks good now.
Sorry, on vacation.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: R-systemfit
Short Description: Simultaneous Equation Estimation R Package
Branches: F-7 FC-6 EL-5
It looks like this is in rawhide but hasn't been pushed to F7. (I don't see it
in the FC-6 extras repository, either.) Do you need assistance getting this
package pushed out?
Just got pushed to the back burner. Builds are on their way.