Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 248057
cpufreq-applet does not work with new kernel interface
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:10 EST
Description of problem:
The Gnome cpufreq-applet (from gnome-applets-2.18.0-7.fc7) does not work with
the new kernel interface for the CPU frequency (see also Bug 243220).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install cpuspeed.x86_64 cpufreq-utils.x86_64
2. service cpuspeed start
3. cpufreq-info # Validate that CPU frequency *is* working correctly
# Use cpufreq-set if wanted
4. Add the cpufreq-applet to your panel
5. See message about 'CPU Frequency Scaling Unsupported'
6. When clicking on applet, it opens just a very small white box, not the
expected menu of governors and frequencies
Actual results: (see above)
Expected results: (see above)
Additional info: The interface to CPU frequency scaling changed from FC6 to F7,
see the bug ref. above.
This is part of gnome-applets since a long time. Changing component.
A couple of reboots later, the applet appears to work. Apologies for the
incorrect bug submission.