Spec URL: ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/exempi/exempi.spec
SRPM URL: ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/exempi/exempi-1.99.3-1.fc8.src.rpm
Description: Exempi provides a library for easy parsing of XMP metadata. It is a port of
Adobe XMP SDK to work on UNIX and to be build with GNU automake.
It includes XMPCore and XMPFiles.
I have to admit that I have no idea what this package does, and no way to test
it as it's a library that has no test suite. But it's a simple and clean
W: exempi unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib64/libexempi.so.2.3.0
It links against libm (which seems to be the default for autoconf packages)
but doesn't call any functions from it. I don't see this as a really big
W: exempi-devel no-documentation
Not a problem. I guess it would be nice if there were some programming
information included, but it's not your responsibility to produce it.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
exempi = 1.99.3-1.fc8
exempi-devel = 1.99.3-1.fc8
exempi = 1.99.3-1.fc8
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
* shared libraries present; ldconfig is called as necessary and unversioned .so
files are in the -devel subpackage.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* scriptlets are OK (ldconfig)
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* headers are in the -devel subpackage.
* pkgconfig file is in the -devel subpackage; pkgconfig dependency is there.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
Thanks for doing the review. XMP is the Adobe's extensible metadata platform,
and exempi provides the library for extracting the metadata under linux. New
version of tracker support it and uses exempi for the job.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: exempi
Short Description: Library for easy parsing of XMP metadata
Branches: FC-6 F-7
Built successfully in koji.