Description of problem:
There are times when trying to delete a flubbed domain install when file->delete
does nothing. Clicking on the delete button on the bottom does result in the
domain being removed from the list of domains.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
intermittent. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a virtual domain
2. try to delete it using the menu file->delete
often, nothing happens
The domain should disappear from the list of domains.
I verified that this remains an issue on both x86_64 and ia64, at least. Here
is the sequence I used:
1. virt-install --hvm --name=hvm2 ...
2. at the screen where it asks how to partition (remove linux partitions, use
default layout, etc) I switched to another terminal on dom0 and ran
"xm destroy hvm1"
3. in virt-manager, the machine is listed as "Shutoff". I selected it, then
chose Edit->Delete Machine. Nothing happened.
4. I clicked the [Delete] button at the bottom of the window and it was deleted
I did this on both ia64 and x86_64 with the same result.
Still an issue with rhel5.1(ga)
I haven't been able to reproduce this in 5.1 or 5.2. If in 5.1, can you run
virt-manager from the command line and see if an error is thrown when the delete
fails? If you can still reproduce this on 5.2, can you check
I've tried this without success in rhel5.2, so I'll consider it fixed unless it shows up again. There have been many changes to virt-manager in 5.2 and I have to assume based on recent testing, that it has been fixed.