Bug 251824 - Review Request: maniadrive - 3D stunt driving game
Review Request: maniadrive - 3D stunt driving game
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Ian Chapman
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-08-11 19:20 EDT by Hans de Goede
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:12 EST (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-09-03 15:27:17 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
packages: fedora‑review+
kevin: fedora‑cvs+


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Hans de Goede 2007-08-11 19:20:11 EDT
Spec URL: http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/maniadrive.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/maniadrive-1.2-1.fc8.src.rpm
Description:
ManiaDrive is an arcade car game on acrobatic tracks, with a quick and nervous
gameplay (tracks almost never exceed one minute). Features: Complex car
physics, Challenging "story mode", LAN and Internet mode, Live scores,
Track editor, Dedicated server with HTTP interface and More than 30 blocks.   

---

Reviewers note, this package requires:
* glew - review is bug 251191
* php-embedded - a new php subpackage, available here: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=97540 (should be in rawhide with the next push)
* maniadrive-data - will post bug number once submitted for review
* maniadrive-music - will post bug number once submitted for review
Comment 1 Hans de Goede 2007-08-11 19:24:24 EDT
Reviews of other needed packages:
* maniadrive-data - bug 251825
* maniadrive-music - bug 251826
Comment 2 Ian Chapman 2007-08-28 16:14:10 EDT
I'm currently unable to build this mock against i386/devel:

a - raydium/compile/myglut.o
a - raydium/compile/web.o
a - raydium/compile/hdr.o
a - raydium/compile/shader.o
a - raydium/compile/atexit.o
a - raydium/compile/path.o
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libraydium.so.0.0] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
File created: libraydium.a.0.0
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.74579 (%build)

I guess a missing BR on zlib-devel?
Comment 3 Hans de Goede 2007-08-28 16:24:09 EDT
(In reply to comment #2)
> I'm currently unable to build this mock against i386/devel:
> 
> a - raydium/compile/myglut.o
> a - raydium/compile/web.o
> a - raydium/compile/hdr.o
> a - raydium/compile/shader.o
> a - raydium/compile/atexit.o
> a - raydium/compile/path.o
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [libraydium.so.0.0] Error 1
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> File created: libraydium.a.0.0
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.74579 (%build)
> 
> I guess a missing BR on zlib-devel?
> 

Yes, I think so, can you add that please and give it another try? Thanks for all
the effort. I'll get back to you on all the reviews as time permits, I'm awfully
busy at the moment.
Comment 4 Ian Chapman 2007-08-29 16:18:02 EDT
* rpmlint:

W: maniadrive no-documentation
W: maniadrive-track-editor no-documentation
W: raydium no-documentation
W: raydium-devel no-documentation

Acceptable as docs are in the data package. See additional rpmlint warnings below.

* Package named correctly: Yes
* Patches named correctly: Yes
* Spec file named correctly: Yes
* Licence(s) acceptable: Yes
* Licence field matches: Yes
* Licence file installed: No
* Spec file in American English: Yes
* Source matches upstream: Yes
* Locales use %find_lang: N/A
* Contains %clean: Yes
* %install contain rm -rf %{buildroot} or similar: Yes
* Specfile legible: Yes
* Compiles and builds ok: NO (!!!!) See below
* Calls ldconfig in %post/%postun for shlibs: Yes
* Owns directories it creates: Yes
* Duplicate files: No
* Permissions set correctly: Yes
* Consistent macro use: Yes
* Separate -doc needed (for large docs): No
* %doc affects runtime: No
* Headers and libs in -devel: Yes
* .pc files in -devel: N/A
* .so in -devel: Yes
* -devel requires base: Yes
* Contains .la files: No
* Owns files it didn't create: No
* .desktop files included and installed correctly: Yes
* Filenames valid UTF8: Yes


1. The following BRs were added in order to get it to compile:

zlib-devel
curl-devel
libxml2-devel

They might not be strictly needed though, if you see point 4.


2. The description for Raydium reads poorly and has several spelling mistakes.
A suggested corrected version is below.

"Raydium is a game engine. It provides a set of functions which allow quick and
flexible games creation. There are a lot of other 3D/game engines (and some
are very complete, such as Ogre, Crystal Space, etc). Raydium does not try to
be as complex as these engines, but on the contrary is aiming at quick and
simple development."


3. Is this file useful to the end user? If so, would it be better placed in the
doc directory? It could give the rayphp location at the top for context. I'm not
familiar enough with the software to say either way.

/usr/share/raydium/rayphp/README


4. Additional rpmlint warnings.

W: raydium undefined-non-weak-symbol /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so sapi_globals
...
...
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
libphp5-5.2.3.so
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/usr/lib/libogg.so.0
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/lib/libresolv.so.2
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/lib/libcrypt.so.1
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so /lib/libz.so.1
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4
W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/usr/lib/libxml2.so.2

Obviously not a blocker, but you might want to check if these can be cleaned up
easily enough.


5. I read a packaging doc on the wiki that recommended against using macros in
patch names, but of course I can't find it now. :)


6. I think raydium-devel may need dependencies on
freealut-devel
libvorbis-devel
Comment 5 Hans de Goede 2007-08-31 15:52:17 EDT
(In reply to comment #4)
> 1. The following BRs were added in order to get it to compile:
> 
> zlib-devel
> curl-devel
> libxml2-devel
> 
> They might not be strictly needed though, if you see point 4.
> 

You're right, they aren't needed.

> 
> 2. The description for Raydium reads poorly and has several spelling mistakes.
> A suggested corrected version is below.
> 
> "Raydium is a game engine. It provides a set of functions which allow quick and
> flexible games creation. There are a lot of other 3D/game engines (and some
> are very complete, such as Ogre, Crystal Space, etc). Raydium does not try to
> be as complex as these engines, but on the contrary is aiming at quick and
> simple development."
> 

I've put in your version.

> 3. Is this file useful to the end user? If so, would it be better placed in the
> doc directory? It could give the rayphp location at the top for context. I'm not
> familiar enough with the software to say either way.
> 
> /usr/share/raydium/rayphp/README
> 

It doesn't contain any info usefull to the enduser.

> 4. Additional rpmlint warnings.
> 
> W: raydium undefined-non-weak-symbol /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so sapi_globals
> ...
> ...
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> libphp5-5.2.3.so

I think you used -force or -nodeps when installing, that cause these.

> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> /usr/lib/libogg.so.0
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> /lib/libresolv.so.2
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> /lib/libcrypt.so.1
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
/lib/libz.so.1
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4
> W: raydium unused-direct-shlib-dependency /usr/lib/libraydium-1.2.so
> /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
> 

The others are fixed now.

> 5. I read a packaging doc on the wiki that recommended against using macros in
> patch names, but of course I can't find it now. :)
> 

You shouldn't use %{version}, as you may want to apply the same patch to a newer
version, %{name} is no problem.

> 6. I think raydium-devel may need dependencies on
> freealut-devel
> libvorbis-devel

Good catch, it also needs glew, libjpeg and ode -devel.

Here is a new version with the following changes:
* Fri Aug 31 2007 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> 1.2-2
- Improved and spell-fixed raydium description
- Fix a number of unused direct shlib dependencies in libraydium-1.2.so
- Add Requires on various -devel packages to the raydium-devel subpackage so
  that all headers included by the raydium headers will be present

Spec URL: http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/maniadrive.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/maniadrive-1.2-2.fc8.src.rpm
Comment 6 Ian Chapman 2007-09-02 13:27:12 EDT
(In reply to comment #5)

> > /usr/share/raydium/rayphp/README
> > 
> It doesn't contain any info usefull to the enduser.

I that case it probably shouldn't be installed at all. The latest version still
installs this file, maybe just an oversight.


Apart from the above, I'm happy with the RPM.
Comment 7 Hans de Goede 2007-09-02 14:13:50 EDT
(In reply to comment #6)
> I that case it probably shouldn't be installed at all. The latest version still
> installs this file, maybe just an oversight.
> 

Ok, I'll add a line to rm it to %install before importing, can you approve it as
is then?
Comment 8 Ian Chapman 2007-09-02 14:59:04 EDT
(In reply to comment #7)

> Ok, I'll add a line to rm it to %install before importing, can you approve it as
> is then?

No problem, in that case the package is APPROVED.
Comment 9 Hans de Goede 2007-09-02 17:10:03 EDT
Thanks!

New Package CVS Request
=======================
Package Name:      maniadrive
Short Description: 3D stunt driving game
Owners:            jwrdegoede
Branches:          devel (only, others mis deps)
InitialCC:         <empty>
Cvsextras Commits: yes

Comment 10 Kevin Fenzi 2007-09-03 14:24:35 EDT
cvs done.
Comment 11 Hans de Goede 2007-09-03 15:27:17 EDT
Imported and build, closing.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.