Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 26522
initial ftp setup is misconfigured.
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:31:17 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0; MSN 6.0)
1. there is no obvious way to configure the ftp service.
2. After some poking around, the ftp snap-in for linux conf could be found
buried as an ad-on service.
3. This snap-in does not work. The ftp service fails to start when
the "start" button is pushed.
4. the scurity setting do not work. Setting anonymous access to full
access in the public directory (creating a drop box for upload) by
granting all the permissions does not work.
5. adding a real user to the ftp group does not grant that user access.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. enable the linuxconf snap-in for ftp.
2. try using it!
Actual Results: Nothing. no error messages, but ftping does not work.
Expected Results: If a user or group is given acces they should have
If ftp service is enabled and the start buton pushed for the service it
If you have installed KDE (the kdeadmin package, to be precise), there's
kwuftpd which IMO does a much better job at configuring wu-ftpd than linuxconf.
Assigning to linuxconf for the problems with the ftp plugin.
Closing because we don't ship linuxconf anymore
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.