Bug 266361 - Rebuild of mysql failed near testing of rpl_rotate_logs
Rebuild of mysql failed near testing of rpl_rotate_logs
Status: CLOSED INSUFFICIENT_DATA
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Classification: Red Hat
Component: mysql (Show other bugs)
5.1
All Linux
medium Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Tom Lane
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-08-30 03:06 EDT by Martin Kočí
Modified: 2013-07-02 23:15 EDT (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-10-19 14:52:53 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Martin Kočí 2007-08-30 03:06:48 EDT
Description of problem:
Rebuild of mysql 5.0.22 failed on rpl_rotate_logs test.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
mysql-5.0.22-2.1.0.1.src.rpm
mysql-5.0.22-2.1.src.rpm

How reproducible:
Rebuild with command :  rpmbuild --rebuild --target=x86_64 --rcfile
/tmp/tps_rpmrc_a24300: mysql-5.0.22-2.1.0.1.src.rpm
(for mysql ver. 5.0.22-2.1.0.1)

Steps to Reproduce:
1. rebuild mysql
  
Actual results:
always FAILED :
(from log)
...
rpl_rotate_logs                [ fail ]

Errors are (from
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mysql-5.0.22/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltest-time) :
mysqltest: At line 28: query 'start slave' failed with wrong errno 1201: 'Could
not initialize master info structure; more error messages can be found in the
MySQL error
log', instead of 1105...
(the last lines may be the most important ones)

Aborting: rpl_rotate_logs failed in default mode. To continue, re-run with
'--force'.
...

Expected results:
rpl_rotate_logs                [ pass ]
Comment 1 Tom Lane 2007-08-30 09:54:19 EDT
Yeah, the mysql regression tests are flaky in some environment-sensitive way that I've never been able to 
pin down --- I've found a few causes over the years, but there seems at least one left.  It always works, or 
nearly always, on my own workstation, but fails annoyingly often when building in brew.  I've sometimes 
thought that it's just a matter of timeouts being too low for when there's a lot of other activity slowing the 
machine.

(Thinks for a bit ... )  I recall that there's some test that fails with a wrong-errno kind of problem if you try 
to run the build as root, but I didn't think it was this one.

Anyway, unless you can give me a reproducible case, I'm going to have to close this CANTFIX.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.