Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 26798
Multiple DRM-enabled Xservers cause contention
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:31:22 EDT
Steps to reproduce:
1. Configure X with DRI support on a Matrox G200 card.
2. Start an X session on :0.
3. Ctrl-Alt-Fx back to the console, and start another X session on :1.
4. Notice how the second session never comes up.
5. Ctrl-Alt-Fx away, and notice how :1 comes up as you attempt to switch to
Setting bpp to 24bpp disables DRI and makes the problem go away.
DRI doesn't work worth squat with 4.0.2 much at all period. Doing DRI
multihead most likely will not work. Supposedly if you use the framebuffer
instead, you might get better results. I don't expect this configuration
to be supported before at least XFree86 4.1.0 is released and the 2.4.x
kernel has stabilized also.
Problem fixed in 4.1.0
Changing status to CLOSED->RAWHIDE instead of WONTFIX