Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 26841
up2date not connecting to server
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:31:22 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.0-0.99.11 i686)
up2date -r (anonymous) will not connect to server. The message is "unable
to set-up CONNECTION tunnel".
I use a http proxy and this was set up with RHN configuration.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Program | System | RHN Update Agent - root password
2. Red Hat Update Agent | Next | Update Agent Progress
3. Error - There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The
message was: "unable to set up CONNECTION tunnel"
Actual Results: Fail to update
Expected Results: Update
I tryed in a termonal window with up2date -r. The result was the same. Is
the server up?
We (Red Hat) should really try to resolve this before next release.
That was quick. I tried again today and it worked. The sequence was as follows:
1. Running directly up2date from Program | System ... resulted in an error with
the message "Invalid server certificate".
2. Running up2date -r in a terminal window produced a new message ("Successfully
completed anonymous registration. You do not need to use this option in the
future.") and then the update was sucessfull (only one new package).