Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 273301
Review Request: perl-Class-CSV - Class based CSV parser/writer
Last modified: 2008-06-08 13:54:53 EDT
Spec URL: http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/perl/perl-Class-CSV.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/perl/perl-Class-CSV-1.03-1.src.rpm
This module can be used to create objects from CSV files, or to create CSV
files from objects. Text::CSV_XS is used for parsing and creating CSV file
lines, so any limitations in Text::CSV_XS will of course be inherant in
I'm seeking a sponsor.
Package builds fine, rpmlint is clean.
Actually, I'm a bit surprised that rpmlint doesn't complain about the duplicated
dependency for perl(Text::CSV_XS). RPM finds one unversioned dependency itself,
while you specify a versioned one. Frankly I'm not really sure how much of a
problem this is. I know the same situation with Provides: is rather bad.
Honestly I'd just drop the versioned dependency The oldest supported Fedora
release has always had the required version of Test::CSV_XS so there shouldn't
be any need for the versioned dependency.
Oddly, RPM doesn't automatically find any dependency on Class:Accessor, but it's
dependency detection is far from perfect.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
X final provides and requires include a duplicate dependency:
perl(Class::CSV::Base) = 1.3
perl-Class-CSV = 1.03-1.fc8
perl(Class::Accessor) >= 0.18
X perl(Text::CSV_XS) >= 0.23
* %check is present and the single included test passes:
All tests successful.
Files=1, Tests=1, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.02 cusr + 0.01 csys = 0.03 CPU)
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
Ping? This package is just about ready to go. If you need help filtering that
dependency, just ask.
Sorry about the delay (got married/honeymoon)
Thanks for looking at this package, and for checking on the version of
Test::CSV_XS. Based on that, I've dropped the explicit versioned requires, so
that we get an autogenerated one instead.
Revised specfile here: http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/perl/perl-Class-CSV.spec
and SRPM here: http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/perl/perl-Class-CSV-1.03-2.src.rpm
The updated package looks good to me.
I'll sponsor you; just request the access and I'll click the button.
I've created a Fedora account (dmalcolm), have reached "cla_done", and have
requested "cvsextras" and "fedorabugs".
Someone else must already have taken care of it because both memberships already
show as approved in the database.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: perl-Class-CSV
Short Description: Class based CSV parser/writer
Branches: F-7 F-8
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Thanks; imported and built into F-7, F-8 and devel
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-Class-CSV
New Branches: EL-5
Updated EPEL Owners: dmalcolm, jstanley