Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 27612
DNS support needed
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:59 EDT
NOTE: this is for fisher powertools.
Does not allow reverse name lookups, a very important new feature of 2.01.
$ webalizer -D dns.db -N 10
does nothing more.
and after symbolically linking webalizer to:
DNS support not present, aborting...
It should be trivial to fix in the spec file.
Other than that Redhat 7.1b seems to work just fine. Thanks!
Fixing the product/component.
It took some digging, but it was sucking in the wrong header for db, it needed
<db1/db.h> instead of <db.h> (which is db3). This is why when configuring wiht
the --with-dns option and then building would fail in the past (it's expecting
db1 to be the default). In any case, it's fixed, and has dns enabled. I have put
the fixed package in http://people.redhat.com/timp/RPMS/webalizer-2.01_06-5.i386.rpm
and the SRPM in http://people.redhat.com/timp/SRPMS/webalizer-2.01_06-5.src.rpm .
These packages should also show up in rawhide the next time it's updated.
I tested it and it works.
Thanks for such a prompt fix! That is what I call efficiency.
Best regards, Jean-Luc.