Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 27839
KDE does not work in a VNC session.
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:31:30 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0; MSN 6.0)
When connecting to RHL Fisher via a VNC session most or all KDE 2.X apps
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fisher with KDE and Gnome or everything (make sure that vnc is
selected for install as well.
2. telnet to you box and start vncserver
3. configure xstartup to start KDE (replace twm& with exec startkde)
4. configure another user to use gnome in the same way...
5. connect to the sessions and try to run KDE apps any way you want.
Actual Results: KDE apps segfault
Expected Results: that they run properly
The work-around is to use a different colour depth than 8bpp.
I haven't tried it, but I wonder if using '-cc 3' on the VNC server makes a
This is definitely not a VNC bug. To reproduce without VNC:
startx -- -depth 8 -cc 4
Works in 3.0.0