Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 296161
Review Request: ical - An X Window System-based calendar program
Last modified: 2008-02-05 09:34:25 EST
Spec URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/ical.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/ical-2.3.3-2.src.rpm
Ical is an X Window System based calendar program. Ical will
create/edit/delete entries, create repeating entries, remind you about
upcoming appointments, print and list item occurrences, and allow
shared calendars between different users.
For more information about the ical maintenance project, see:
Well, for general packaging issues, please refer to
Some random comments for 2.3.3-2:
* Please write the full URL of Source1. Otherwise
write as a comment where you found Source1.
* Please follow the buildroot tag required for Fedora.
* Please check the license. COPYING.GNU is GPL+.
* Use macros correctly. /usr/share must be %_datadir, for
* stripping binaries by yourself is forbidden because
this makes debuginfo rpm useless.
* Please choose whether you choose macros or native commands
For example, while you use %__install, you also use
perk (can be %__perl), make (can be %__make) and so on.
* Please avoid %makeinstall if possible
- For this package, adding 'INSTALL="install" -p' option
to "make install" is preferable because this keeps timestamps
on almost all instaled files.
* When you use "install" or "cp" command, use "-p" option to
* Desktop files must be installed by "desktop-file-install"
(BR: desktop-file-utils is needed)
- Category "Application" is deprecated and should be removed.
Hi, thanks for your original review -- it caught me on holiday and I'm still
I will close this bug as NOTABUG is no response is gained from the
reporter within ONE WEEK.
If someone wants to import this package into Fedora, please file
a new review request and mark this bug as a duplicate of the new one.