Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 29807
anaconda doesn't deal with disk geometry well
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:31:48 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-ac5 i686)
After the type of installation you'd like, anaconda looks at the hard disk.
If the disk geometrry is weird, it puts up a complaint message, and exits
after you press the "OK" button.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. See the description
2. Now the disc was given a weird geometery by mandrake 7.2
Expected Results: IMHO: "The disk has a goofy geometry. You're doing an
install. What would you like to
do about it"
1. Wipe the partition table (danger! to! any! existing! data!)
2. Try to fix this with fdisk (you! better! know! what! you! are! doing!)
3. Exit this install and let you try to fix this with another operating
system's partition utility
4. Hah! Let me make a goofy partition for you that rounds up to an even
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 24297 ***