Description of problem:
Automatic mounting of an encrypted USB stick works. The keyring is queries etc.
But at the end of the mounting process a dialog pops up:
Cannot mount volume.
An unknown error occured
(I don't post a screenshot, this text is all there is). There are no messages
in any of the log file.
And I also don't see why. The mount actually was successful.
The only issue is that sometimes the umount (using right-click on the icon on
the desktop) does not work. Or not completely and the mount point directory is
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.get encrypted USB stick (I use cryptset-luks)
no dialog and no problems while unmounting
Same memory stick, different machine, this time freshly installed F8t3 (instead
of updated from F8t1). Here everything just works. One difference (beside the
updating) is that on this machine I started out from a clean keyring instead of
keeping the old /home around on the other machine.
Based on the date this bug was created, it appears to have been reported
during the development of Fedora 8. In order to refocus our efforts as
a project we are changing the version of this bug to '8'.
If this bug still exists in rawhide, please change the version back to
(If you're unable to change the bug's version, add a comment to the bug
and someone will change it for you.)
Thanks for your help and we apologize for the interruption.
The process we're following is outlined here:
We will be following the process here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping to ensure this
doesn't happen again.
I haven't seen this problem in a long time, maybe never with F9, I cannot say for sure. I close the bug, anybody hitting it can use F9.