Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 329151
nautilus freezes after connection to new sftp server for the first time
Last modified: 2015-03-03 17:31:34 EST
Description of problem:
when using nautilus to connect to sftp server for the first time then nautilus
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open nautilus
2. Create really new SFTP connection: File>Connect to Server> Service type=SSH >
name of server= i386-4as.test.redhat.com
#or you can use each server from list:
#http://intranet.corp.redhat.com/ic/intranet/StableSystems.html or 127.0.0.1
#New sftp connection means that file /root/.ssh/known_hosts is empty.
#Desktop icon is created after clicking 'OK' .
3. Double click to that icon, it did nothing. I writes "You can stop this
operation by clicking cancel"....
4. nautilus froze, for ex. you couldn't open previous connections
5. ps aux | grep nautilus
6. Find nautilus process and kill him. Nautilus is restarted.
7. Double click to desktop icon again and now its working - it wrote you that
its for the first time, ssh key etc ...
Connect to new remote host
If you connect to remote host with this scenario its working right now:
1. In terminal write # nautilus sftp://server
#its connected to new remote host and desktop icon is not created.
I'm not sure how this functionality is supposed to work, but I see the same
behavior in the two machines in front of me, a 4.6 snapshot build and fedora 7.
User email@example.com's account has been closed
Thank you for submitting this issue for consideration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The release for which you requested us to review is now End of Life.
Please See https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
If you would like Red Hat to re-consider your feature request for an active release, please re-open the request via appropriate support channels and provide additional supporting details about the importance of this issue.