mutt-1.2.5i-9 no longer polls my mailboxes properly for new messages when
running for first time in a login session. If I ssh over to devserv and run
mutt from there my mailbox list properly shows boxes containing new
messages right from the start. Devserv is running
mutt-1.2.5i-3. Both machines are using the same .muttrc file which I will
attach to this bug report. I will try downgrading the mutt on my
workstation to the same as devserv and see if it solves the problem for me.
Created attachment 13826 [details]
Config file for my mutt mail reader
I can't reproduce this here; it notices new mail in my mailboxes OK. Are you
using maildir, mbox, or mh? Do you have the nfslock service started?
I am using mbox. Funny thing is is that I downgraded to the same version of mutt
that is currently
installed on devserv and that still did not fix the problem.
Pattern of events:
1. run xterm on local box with /home/devel nfs mounted
2. run mutt and it comes up in my inbox by default showing any new messages.
3. Then type a 'c' and '?' to show directory containing mailboxes.
4. There are not any 'N' characters next to any mailboxes even after tabbing a
5. Bring up an xterm and ssh over to devserv.devel.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
7. Many mailboxes show new messages next to them as normal.
Could this be a new NFS issue with locking or something. I did not have this
problem locally running 7.0 so now I believe it is more than just a newer mutt
What happens if you sync your clock to the clock on devserv?
Okay it seems to be better now since my clock was in fact off from devserv.
Syncing up seems to have helped.