From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76C-SGI [en] (X11; I; IRIX 6.5 IP32)
Quota 3.01 user tools are now available at:
and also at:
These tools work with all the current versions of quota, i.e.:
- the kernel quota in Linus' 2.4.X kernels;
- the kernel quota in Alan's 2.4.X-acX kernels (which Wolverine & rawhide
- the XFS implementation of quota (journaled);
... so are important for people who roll their own (Linus-based) kernels or
who use the XFS filesystem.
Any chance we could have these packaged up in rawhide?
They are now quite stable, and have numerous bug fixes included since the
2.00 and 3.00 releases, as well as being the only version to support all
three forms of quota.
(btw, I've opened a separate, but related bug on the nfs-utils package,
which is incorrect in Wolverine and Rawhide wrt. rpc.rquotad at the moment)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. # rpm -i quota-2.00-7.i386.rpm
2. Boot the Wolverine kernel (which has the 2.4.X-acX quota implementation,
as opposed to the version in Linus' 2.4.X tarballs);
3. Mount a filesystem with quota enabled;
4. Run any of the quota(8), repquota(8), edquota(8), etc, commands, and an
error will be reported from the quotactl(2) system call.
3.00 is now included, with working userland utilities, and a working quotad.