Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 346161
Review Request: xorg-x11-drv-ivtv - Xorg X11 ivtv video driver
Last modified: 2008-03-06 15:11:56 EST
Description: Xorg X11 ivtv video driver
This xorg driver needs testing and ivtv-firmware to be submitted...
kernel module is part of the kernel but it seems there is some problem with vanilla 2.6.23 kernels and some userland apps (mythtv) - See the README included
Anyway, that Xorg part are supposed to be compatible with any ivtv drivers from >= 0.2.
This is a basic xorg driver; nothing fancy. rpmlint is silent and everything
looks good. I have the firmware in a local repo so that this will install
properly for me, but I don't have the hardware to test this on.
You might want to flesh out the description just a little bit if possible.
Specifically, it would be nice to know which boards are supported. It looks
like it only works with the PVR350; I'm not sure that the other boards have a
framebuffer or even do any output.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
? description is OK (might be nice to include a little more info)
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
xorg-x11-drv-ivtv = 1.0.0-1.fc8
xorg-x11-server-Xorg >= 18.104.22.168-6
* %check is not present; I've no way to test this package.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: xorg-x11-drv-ivtv
Short Description: Xorg X11 ivtv video driver
Branches: F-8 F-7
Commits by cvsextras: yes
Ok libpciaccess and another patch fixed upstream.
Closing to next release