Current as of today is 0.74. Please update.
XSane-0.75 is released:
- xsane_read_image_data() does reduce 16 bit images to 8 bit when
- when scanning with 16 bits/color in gimp mode, to jpeg-file or
xsane does ask if the image should be reduced to 8 bits/color
- added functions for mirroring preview and mirroring while rotating scan
- moved saveing device preferences from xsane_quit() to
and replaced call to xsane_quit() by xsane_exit() in choose_device
(this could cause a segfault).
- corrected a bug in calculation of histogram for rotation of 270 degree
- added xsane_bound_int(&mid, min, max) to
a segfault could occur when autoenhancement was activated when only a
preview-pixels where available for calculation of autoenhancement values
get it from: http://www.xsane.org
In fact the current as at today is 0.75, with 0.74 being 'last known good'.
But the xsane release schedule (with no stable vs devel branch) makes it
impossible to say 'yes, we'll upgrade, and can be confident that there are no
This kind of change is not happening after a beta has already gone out, I'm
I agree. I am not asking for "bleeding edge" but the gap between 0.62 (6 month
old? more then that?) and 0.7 seems a bit large. If there is a space on CD
I would provide both "stable" and "latest" if installer allows selection.
Updated to 0.75-1.