Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 36675
eroaster unable to extract information from ISO image
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:00 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2 i686; en-US; 0.8.1)
If you try to extract info from an ISO image, it fails producing the
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/gtk.py", line 125, in __call__
ret = apply(self.func, a)
File "/usr/lib/eroaster/main.py", line 2239, in ImageInfo
output = striplist(pipe.readlines())
IOError: (0, 'Error')
On the face of it, the code in question looks fine --- if I just open
python, create the pipe and read from it, it works without problems. So
it's not clear to me what is causing the error.
Also, this error makes it impossible to burn directly form an ISO image,
which is a pain.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Click on the "ISO Image" tab in eroaster
2.click on browse to select an ISO image
3.click on "image info"
I can't reproduce this. I tried it on a few different ISOs and it works fine. I
tried it against the Powertools 7.1 ISO, and a few different distro ISO images
with no tracebacks occurring.
Can you let me know if this fails on other ISO images as well?
I tried it on a few ISO's, and I even created a new one (using eroaster) and hit
the same problem.
It's very odd. It's getting an IOError, presumably when trying to read the
output from isoinfo. I don't see any reason why it should be doing that. I'm
also having trouble thinking of a good way of instrumenting the code to figure
out what's going on.
A further comment. I tried switching to commands.getouput instead of using
a naked popen2 command to get a pipe. It was no different. Also,
I modified the code so that it tried to invoke ls instead of isoinfo. It had
the same problem. So it is the reading of data form a pipe that's breaking,
for some odd reason. But if I just start a naked python shell and try to do the
same thing, everything works dandy. Weird.
One final note. I tried putting a few different commands in there. I get
different errors each time. For ls I get errno 10, "no child processes". For
"sleep 5" and "echo foo", I get errno 4, "Interrupted system call".
I still can't reproduce this here.