Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 369771
GFS2: bring RHEL gfs2_edit up to date
Last modified: 2010-01-11 22:40:29 EST
Description of problem:
I've fixed a lot of bugs in gfs2_edit and added many improvements
over the past several months. Before I began, I offered Rob Kenna a
choice of whether to open and process a whole lot of bugzilla
records to fix every issue (which is a lot of management overhead)
or whether to open one bug record to play catchup. He opted for
the latter. (Kevin was on vacation or something at the time).
So this bug is for integrating the latest changes to gfs2_edit into
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Improvements to gfs2_edit include:
1. Allow gfs2_edit "savemeta" option to save journal metadata records
and other system files such as statfs.
2. Implement rgcount option.
3. Implement rgflags option to set flags (like NO_ALLOC).
4. Implement -p rg X (to print rg X).
5. Ability to print gfs2 journal breakdown.
6. Ability to print gfs1 journal breakdown.
7. Ability to jump to relative block number (e.g. enter "+0x134" for
block number to have it jump to the current block number + 0x134.)
8. Ability to print/show recurse when printing/showing indirect blocks
associated with an inode.
9. Bug fixes.
Requesting ACK flags for inclusion into RHEL5.2.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux maintenance release. Product Management has requested
further review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential
inclusion in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Update release for currently deployed
products. This request is not yet committed for inclusion in an Update
10. Better handling of extended attribute blocks (savemeta, printing, etc).
11. Ability to recognize print quota change blocks.
12. Ability to recognize log buffer blocks.
13. Ability to recurse directories that are indirect.
14. Fixed a bunch more bugs, mostly to do with extended mode.
Created attachment 261741 [details]
Patch to fix the problem
I always like to attach the patch. :7)
Patch was tested on system roth-01. It was committed to the RHEL5
branch of CVS. The only difference now between the HEAD and RHEL5
versions is the version string. Changing status to Modified.
*** Bug 235931 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.