Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 370741
Review Request: libggz - Library for client-server games
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:21 EST
Spec URL: http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/SOURCES/ggz/libggz.spec
SRPM URL: http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/SOURCES/ggz/libggz-0.0.14-1.src.rpm
GGZ (which is a recursive acronym for GGZ Gaming Zone) develops libraries,
games and game-related applications for client-server online gaming. Player
rankings, game spectators, AI players and a chat bot are part of this effort.
Hmm, rpmlint for me says:
libggz.x86_64: W: incoherent-version-in-changelog 0.0.14-2 0.0.14-1.fc8
Seems like the release is still -1 but the changelog has -2. Not a huge deal;
you can fix it up when you check in.
Given the current NSS porting effort, I wonder if it could be used here. I
haven't much clue about that, though.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
X rpmlint complains about the changelog.
* final provides and requires are sane:
libggz = 0.0.14-1.fc8
libggz-devel = 0.0.14-1.fc8
libggz = 0.0.14-1.fc8
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. Obviously this can't really be
tested without some client apps.
* shared libraries present; ldconfig called properly.
* unversioned .so files are in the -devel pacakge.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* scriptlets are OK (ldconfig)
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary. (Well, the
changelog is twice as large as the library itself, but it's still under
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* headers are in the -devel package.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: libggz
Short Description: Library for client-server games
Branches: F-7 F-8 EL-5
Cvsextras Commits: yes
imported, building. thanks.
libggz-0.0.14-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
libggz-0.0.14-1.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.