To reproduce this problem do the following:
1. Log on to a Japanese installation of Linux RedHat 6.2 at the console.
2. Enter startx. This brings up two windows - the users home directory
structure, and a Gnome window (recognized by a footprint in its
including Japanese characters in the title.
3. Reduce the screen width so that the title narrative nearly fills the
the title bar.
4. Reduce the screen width further, by a few pixels at a time, until the
bar characters become corrupt.
In 6.2 we used the Enlightenment window manager - we have now moved on to
sawfish for the default wm for GNOME. I suggest you give it a try as you will
probably find these problems solved. There is a newer version of Enlightenment
that we do not ship anymore that you may also try but we do not support that - I
suggest installing sawfish for now and see if things are better.