Description of problem:
Starting eclipse with existing workspace (previously used with stock Eclipse
3.2), while workspace is being rebuilt:
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00002aaaaacd8fa1, pid=26972, tid=1080056144
# Java VM: IcedTea 64-Bit Server VM (1.7.0-b21 mixed mode linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# V [libjvm.so+0x205fa1]
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
and in alert box:
JVM terminated. Exit code=1
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Created attachment 257651 [details]
This sounds like it might be an IcedTea bug. Andrew/Tom: thoughts?
Boris: I notice you're using plugins we don't ship in Fedora. Can you make it
happen with a clean workspace/clean ~/.eclipse?
No, I tried it with an account without existing eclipse projects/configuration
and it starts up fine.
(In reply to comment #3)
> No, I tried it with an account without existing eclipse projects/configuration
> and it starts up fine.
Hmm. That doesn't bode well for us being able to reproduce it :( If you can
come up with an easy way to reproduce, I'm sure the IcedTea team will take a
look, but otherwise -- and especially since you can't make it happen out of the
box -- it will be difficult to track down.
Understood. Unfortunately it seems to be tied to my particular workspace -- if
I copy my old .plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources into a new workspace, it dies
on startup. But I don't think you could replicate the setup without my project
So it looks like I'll have to rebuild a new workspace on this new version,
unless someone has an idea of how to make a replicable test case out of this. I
don't know enough about how eclipse works to think of a method.
I suspect it may be an IcedTea bug: I was getting a similar issue with CVS
checkouts but switching to java-1.5.0 caused the problem to disapppear.
I ran into the same issues with the version of Fedora Eclipse released with F8.
However, I was able to avoid crashing by downloading and using Sun's 1.6.0_03
JRE. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in IcedTea.
I too encountered the issue on a 64-bit environment.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 8 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 8. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '8'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 8's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 8 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here: