Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 383201
32-bit pam_winbind.so incompatible with 64-bit winbindd
Last modified: 2008-01-25 10:31:38 EST
Description of problem:
The 32-bit version of pam_winbind.so, needed for 32-bit pam-compatible
applications does not work on a system running a 64-bit winbind daemon. So, I'm
having problems with some 32bit only applications to authenticate.
Exactly the same behavior was previously reported (and fixed) on FC7:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Setup a 32-bit, pam-compatible application to use pam_winbind.so on an x86_64
system. It will never successfully authenticate.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install 64-bit samba and samba-common.
2. Setup winbindd to work in a 64-bit environment. Make sure wbinfo works.
3. Install a 32-bit pam-aware app.
4. Install 32-bit samba-common for 32-bit pam_winbind.
5. Configure pam for this 32-bit app to use pam_winbind.
The authentication fails.
We expect that the authentication works.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 356851 ***