Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 384081
Hung Upgrade from Fedora7 at dependency analysis step.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:22 EST
Description of problem:
I tried an update install of F8 over F7. It hung pretty early in the process.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Only tried it once.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download and burn DVD for i386 - verify after burn
2. Check media - OK
3. Boot from DVD
4. Answer questions - English and US English keyboard
5. Select upgrade - it found existing Fedora 7
6. Selected a rewrite of boot on /dev/md0 RAID device
7. root was found as /dev/rootvg/root
8. Said go - it hung about 1/3 through transaction dependency analysis (based on
width of progress bar.
9. I left it overnight. Was in the same place in the morning.
10. I rebooted, snatching the DVD out of the tray.
11. It successfully booted up into the existing Fedora 7
Continuation of the install checking phase ending in a question - do you want
to really install Fedora 8??
Since I hadn't backed up everything at this moment, I would say no, but then
schedule time to back up and really install Fedora 8.
Will it really stop and let me abort the install?
I have 3 RAID partitions
/dev/md0 for /boot
/dev/md1 for swap
/dev/md2 for /dev/rootvg/root LVM volume.
Dual xeon, dual scsi. 3GB ram memory on this machine.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 372011 ***