Bug 39112 - incorrect multibyte handling in playlist
Summary: incorrect multibyte handling in playlist
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: xmms   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 7.1
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bill Nottingham
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2001-05-04 15:49 UTC by Seung-Hyeon Rhee
Modified: 2014-03-17 02:20 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2004-01-29 04:16:32 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Seung-Hyeon Rhee 2001-05-04 15:49:58 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [ko] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.4 i686)

Description of problem:
When I added songs with ID3 tags in Korean characters,
they appeared beyond the window boundary. They should
be shorten with ending '.'s according to the source
code 'playlist_list.c'. I found that a miscellaneous
typo in the source code caused the problem.

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. build xmms without --enable-kanji
2. run xmms
3. check 'use_fontsets' and append
   ",-daewoo-gothic-medium-r-normal--16-*,*" to
   'Playlist' in 'Options-Preferences-Fonts'.
4. export LANG=ko_KR
5. run xmms again and open the playlist window.

(You need a playlist written in Korean characters
to reproduce the problem.)
	

Additional info:

I think your patch for mb was not correct. Please
check if the 120th line of 'xmms-1.2.4-mb-rsh.patch'
included in the xmms-1.2.4-13.src.rpm should be
changed from
+       while (gdk_text_width_wc(font, text, len) > width && len > 4)
to
+       while (gdk_text_width_wc(font, wtext, len) > width && len > 4)

Comment 1 Seung-Hyeon Rhee 2001-05-05 11:56:44 UTC
I made a mistake in last report. The name of the patch file was not
'xmms-1.2.4-mb-rsh.patch' but 'xmms-1.2.4-mb.patch. I modified the
original and renamed it as 'xmms-1.2.4-mb-rsh.patch'. I rebuild the
xmms with the new patch instead of the original, and I found that
xmms worked fine.

Before 'xmms-1.2.4-mb.patch' was applied, there were no problem. The
problem appeared newly with RedHat-7.1, and as far as I know, it was
caused by 'xmms-1.2.4-mb.patch'. Please check the patch especially
in the part I addressed in last bug report.

If it's difficult to reproduce the problem because you cannot set and
use korean locale, I think you can try it under Japanese environment
and with Japanese song titles. If the same problem happen under Japanese 
environment, it's a general problem related to multibyte character sets.



Comment 2 Håvard Kvålen 2002-05-31 11:10:07 UTC
This is fixed in XMMS 1.2.5 and later.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.