Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 395641
Exception when Upgrade an existing installation selected Method:HTTP
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:23 EST
Description of problem:
The F8 iso is mounted on a linux server's documentation root (http://
10.200.22.55/FC8) and Installation Method on the client is done using http.
The required images are found and the user is presented with the page to chose
whether to "Install Fedora" or "Upgrade an existing installation".
As soon as the user tabs to the selected "Install Fedora" and presses the down
arrow to select "Upgrade an existing installation", the exception occurs.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Mount Fedora-8-x86_64-DVD.iso on webserver under /var/www/html/FC8
mkdir /var/www/html/FC8; mount -o loop <ISO> /var/www/html/FC8;
2.Append the following to /etc/grup.conf on the client:
title Fedora 8
kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz root=LABEL=/
3. copy the isolinux from the mounted ISO on the webserver to the /boot/
directory of the client.
scp -rp rppt@<web-server-ip>:/var/www/html/FC8/isolinux /boot
4. reboot the client and select "Fedora 8" from the GRUB boot menu.
5. select "HTTP" as installation method.
6. Select ip address of the web server and path to the mounted ISO image
7. TAB to "Upgrade an existing installation"
Created attachment 266811 [details]
backtrace from anaconda
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 374891 ***