Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 401501
Satellite Exporter Cache Files Being Written With Wrong Encoding
Last modified: 2013-01-10 04:16:30 EST
Satellite bug #382381 uncovered a problem where package summaries
(Virtualization-ru-RU for example) were appearing in a mangled state. Problem
was not present in hosted's display of these packages, and the problem was
traced to the satellite exporter's cache files being written to disk without the
proper encoding. More details on specifics can be found in the original ticket.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. View the cached data for Virtualization-ru-RU package.
Ð Ñ<83>ÐºÐ¾Ð²Ð¾Ð´Ñ<81>Ñ<82>Ð²Ð¾ Ð¿Ð¾ Ð²Ð¸Ñ<80>Ñ<82>Ñ<83>Ð°Ð»Ð¸Ð·Ð°Ñ<86>Ð¸Ð¸
Руководство по виртуализации
* Make sure that on the scripts box, /var/cache/rhn/xml-* has been removed
* register a statellite to the target env
* run satellite sync for rhel 5 channels and virtualization channels
* on your satellite, ensure that all of the virtualization-ru-ru packages show
cyrilic characters in their descriptions.
now in dev I see: Руководство по виртуализации
all set in dev
not testing in qa-- do not want to blow away the cache again for sat folks-- tested in dev all set
so we need to back this out of RHN 507 and sdd to 508 /sprint 12
1) Installed Sat 520 i386 on RHEL4
2) Using the dump, sat-synced the i386 channels for RHEL 4 base and tools, and RHEL 5 base, tools, and virt.
3) satellite-sync from Web QA to check and update these channels since the dump is not 100% up to date.
4) Got the following error:
Exception type satellite_tools.xmlSource.FatalParseException
Exception Handler Information
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/xmlSource.py", line 123, in process
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 109, in parse
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py", line 123, in parse
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 220, in feed
File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/xmlSource.py", line 233, in fatalError
raise FatalParseException(e._msg, e, e._locator)
FatalParseException: :489:1015: not well-formed (invalid token)
5) Tried the channels one at a time. RHEL 4 tools worked, but RHEL 4 and 5 base channels still gave this error.
*** Bug 462693 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
added to sprint 13
moving out of 508-- into sprint 14
moving back out to backlog
This can NOT be fixed-
from hosted Topics Meeting on 1/19/09
"BZ 401501 - Hosted will close, no obvious solution, broken encoding for Sat generally breaks Hosted also"