SPEC URL : http://zanoni/fedora/pcapy/pcapy.spec
SRPM URL: http://zanoni/fedora/pcapy/pcapy-0.10.5-1.fc8.src.rpm
Description: Pcapy is a Python extension module that interfaces with the libpcap
packet capture library. Pcapy enables python scripts to capture packets
on the network. Pcapy is highly effective when used in conjunction with
a packet-handling package such as Impacket, which is a collection of
Python classes for constructing and dissecting network packets.
Unable to download SRPM
Yeah, the URLs are obviously bogus. However, these seem correct:
Sorry, copy/paste error. :)
Not much here; just one non-documentation file.
As far as I can tell, ASL 1.1 is compatible with the current Python license.
As far as I know there is no reason to call ldconfig in this package; the .so
file that's installed isn't in the search path, so the ldconfig call is simply
Since that's the only issue I can fine, I'll go ahead and approve this and you
can remove the %post and %postun scriptlets when you check in.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
pcapy = 0.10.5-1.fc9
python(abi) = 2.5
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directory it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
X ldconfig scriptlets are unneeded.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
APPROVED, just remove the unneeded scriptlets.
Many thanks! Scriptlets removed.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: pcapy
Short Description: A Python interface to libpcap
Branches: F-7 F-8 EL-4 EL-5
Cvsextras Commits: yes
pcapy-0.10.5-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.