From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.75 [en] (X11; U; SunOS 5.8 sun4u)
Description of problem:
Power Management for RH 7.1 only works when I set the Screen Saver option
to "No Screen Saver". If I select a screen saver program, the screen saver
launches at the proper start time but the screen saver never shuts down the
monitor at the proper time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select Control Center/Screensaver
2. Choose ay screen saver, except "No Screen saver".
3. Change Start After time to "1" so that you can see the problem quickly.
4. Change Shutdown monitor time to 1 minute.
5. Select "Use power management".
6. Click Okay.
7. Do not move the mouse.
8. After 1 minute, the screen saver should start.
9. Wait another minute for the monitor to shutdown.
Actual Results: The monitor never shuts down.
Expected Results: The monitor should shut down.
By the way, I was able to get the power management to work when I disabled
the screen saver by setting the Screen Saver value to "No Screensaver".
However, after I moved the mouse, the password dialogue was disabled. I
guess that's the job of the screen saver. Shouldn't there be a screen
saver that basically does nothing? Who says that you have to have
something painting on your screen all of the time?
this is fixed in xscreensaver-3.32-2, control-center-220.127.116.11-2.