Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 419211
Documentation error in vimtutor
Last modified: 2008-02-25 11:49:07 EST
Description of problem:
In Lesson 7.3: COMPLETION it is stated that
3. Type the start of a command: :e
4. Press CTRL-D and Vim will show a list of commands that start with "e".
5. Press <TAB> and Vim will complete the command name to ":edit".
When I type :e and press tab, I see the command line completed to "earlier" not
"edit". The 5th step needs to be changed to something like
5. Press <TAB> and Vim will complete the command name to the first
command(when alphabetically listed in the shell) starting with e
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.1 (2007 May 12, compiled Oct 4 2007 10:45:32)
Included patches: 1-135
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Type vimtutor in the terminal
2. scroll down to lesson 7.3 and follow the instructions in the chapter
I also emailed the authors at firstname.lastname@example.org. But the mail bounced back.
Please report this at email@example.com as other distributions most likely need
the same changes. Thanks !