Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 427264
Package review: tcl-html
Last modified: 2008-01-22 06:38:19 EST
Please review separated hmtl manual package for tcl.
* The Provides: line is not needed, since this package doesn't actually provide
* download urls for sourceforge are best listed as:
...instead of using a hardcoded mirror.
* The RPM group would be more accurate as 'Documentation'
* A proper 'index.html' index page would be useful. A simple one can
be created in either %prep or %build as a symlink to point to 'contents.htm'
ln -s html/contents.htm html/index.html
* Minor nitpick: I've been told by others that it's good to have
an empty %build and %install section in the spec file instead
of leaving them out. Apparently there are some rpm corner cases that
will choke if they sections are missing. In these cases, I usually do
# Nothing to build.
# Nothing to install.
With %build part is rpm failing. The other commands were fine. Thank you for
letting me know about it.
Check the new rpm for changes.
Looks good. rpmlint is happy, the sources match upstream, and most of the other
packaging guidelines don't apply to this documentation-only package.
*** Bug 228782 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: tcl-html
Short Description: html manual for Tcl/Tk
Cvsextras Commits: yes