Description of problem:
Installation of aspell-fr does not update Evolution's language list.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Install aspell and restart Evolution. Unfortunately French is still not an
available language for spell checking.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install aspell-fr
3. Edit - Preferences - Composer Preferences - Spell Checking
Notice any mentioning of French is still completely missing.
French should now be listed.
Uninstalling aspell-de and reinstalling it again suddenly made French appear in
the list of available languages in Evolution. Seems like the German aspell
package has some list refreshing capability the French one is missing.
I try to reproduce this bug but when I install aspell-fr the language appears on
the spell checker list in evolution - but after I remove it and install it again
it does not appear - but when I call evolution with another "new" user which
have never used evolution - the French spell checkers were there.
So this is evolution bug - so I'm reassigning it to evolution component.
Evolution (GtkHTML, actually) just asks GnomeSpell for a list of languages.
Note that for Fedora 9, however, we've enabled Enchant-support in GnomeSpell and
our Enchant packages prefer the hunspell dictionaries . So this bug may no
longer be relevant in Fedora 9.
This is fixed in Evolution 2.24:
1. Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> Spell Checking
2. Verify French is not in the list of spell checking languages.
3. yum install hunspell-fr (Fedora no longer uses aspell.)
4. Restart Evolution.
5. Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> Spell Checking
6. Verify French IS in the list of spell checking languages.
Closing as CURRENTRELEASE.