Description of problem:
Unable to run PUP to upgrade OS and components
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
$ uname -a
Linux 220.127.116.11-85.fc8 #1 SMP Fri Dec 7 15:49:36 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
Run process to upgrade to latest version of Fedora 8
Steps taken too Reproduce:
1. Initial run of PUP (As software upgrader), error occurs. Captured.
2. Reboot and rerun PUP (As software upgrader) and error re-occurs.
3. Run PUP (As Add/Remove Software) to remove Package Upgrader.
4. When to Fedora site to retrieve latest version of PUP
(via upgrade sub-directory)
a. Note system-config-printer-0.7.74.4-3.fc8 (dependent)
5. RPM --install to retore both pirut and system-config-printer (versions listed
6. Ran PUP (as software upgrader) and error re-occurs.
1. After de-install and re-installing the packages, the error didn't go away.
Error occurs after Package updater lists available updates available.
Summary: TBd280403a miscutils.py:287:splitFilename:TypeError: 'NoneType' object
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 611, in <module>
File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 607, in main
File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 447, in run
File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 287, in doRefresh
File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 369, in populateUpdates
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rpmUtils/miscutils.py", line 287, in
if filename[-4:] == '.rpm':
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
Local variables in innermost frame:
After downloading the source code for pirut (pirut-1.3.28-1.fc8.src.rpm) and
finding the statement where the error occurred and then following the code
proceeding this statement gave me a clue for a work around. I noticed that srpm
was part of the if statement, after reviewing the repository manager screen, I
unchecked both the fedora source and updates-source check boxes. This worked.
Software updater was able to proceed with the latest updates.
Fixed in git; will be in pirut-1.3.31