Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 430399
Review Request: kstart - Daemon version of kinit for Kerberos v5
Last modified: 2008-04-22 18:59:39 EDT
Spec URL: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/sxw/kstart.spec
SRPM URL: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/sxw/kstart-3.10-1.src.rpm
k5start is a modified version of kinit which can use keytabs to authenticate,
can run as a daemon and wake up periodically to refresh a ticket, and can run
single commands with its own authentication credentials and refresh those
credentials until the command exits.
This is my second package contribution to Fedora (first in #428642), and I'm still looking for a sponsor. Thanks!
Removing NEEDSPONSOR. I will sponsor Simon.
I actually went looking for this the other day, only to find it sitting in the
review queue for two months.
The license actually looks like the MIT license to me; the kerberos portion is
definitely the old-style MIT license and the rest is yet another modern version.
I'd use "MIT" for the License: tag. Not that there's a significant distinction,
but we do separate the two for some reason I doubt I'd understand.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
X license field should be MIT.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
kstart = 3.10-1.fc9
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I'm not quite sure how I'd
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
I'll go ahead and approve this on the condition that you agree with the license
change. If you don't, let me know and we can discuss it. Otherwise, fix it up
when you commit.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: kstart
Short Description: Daemon version of kinit for Kerberos v5
Branches: EL-5 F-7 F-8
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Built. Available now for EL-5, F-7 and F-8.