Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 430725
[QLogic 5.2 bug] qla2xxx - Incorrect firmware loaded for qla25xx
Last modified: 2009-06-19 22:12:46 EDT
A typo has been causing the 4 Gb/S firmware to be loaded into the 8 Gb/S cards.
This makes the card unable to even bring up a link.
The change has been tested at RedHat and with the correction the link
is brought up and much I/O has been performed.
Created attachment 293303 [details]
Fix firmware load for 25xxx
Created attachment 293308 [details]
fix with extra change removed
When I double checked the patch I noticed an extraneous change which I have removed.
A clean version has now been attached and posted to rhkl.
You can download this test kernel from http://people.redhat.com/dzickus/el5
Confirmed fix is in the -80.el5 kernel
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.