Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 431173
git repositories in Damned Lies only provides statistics & downloads for master branch
Last modified: 2008-02-17 06:35:05 EST
Description of problem:
Translators are unable to view statistics or download PO/POT files for
non-master-branch modules using GIT in damned lies.
See stats for e.g.
Notice only master branch has stats
Fix commited in CVS and live:
Reopening this until the fix really goes live...
From what I can see on both app servers DL is running (app1,2) the change has
Created attachment 294915 [details]
fixes git checkout method
Christos, great fix, I've been wondering about those commandes.
Does this patch solve the above problem? Have you tested it and statistics are
being produced for branches other than master as well?
The above patch fixes the checkout method for git, these commands reset the
repository to match upstream.
It's pretty possible that this bug occurs because of the faulty checkout method
but I can say for sure.
I' ve not tested it in DL but I 've tested the commands in the console and they
seem to work as expected.
Did some testing and committed the patch. Let's see how it goes.
I commited a small fix. When the branch name is master the command
"git branch --track master origin/master" throws a fatal error.
Everything seems to work now (stats updating, POT file creation dates are correct).
Discussed with Christos our approach for the git cloning and updating, and what
we currently do is the correct one. We might tweak it a bit more, but the
concept is right and our repos do what they should right now.
Closing bug report.
Great work Christos, thanks :)
From the status pages, e.g. firstboot  still only shows stats for master
branch though, although e.g. anaconda shows for all branches.. This might be a
different issue though, but reopening the bug again until we know more :)
Thanks Asgeir :)
About firstboot and probably others, this is because we haven't cloned the
firstboot repository the "new way" as we did with anaconda yesterday.
We just need to delete all our git repositories from our local-vcs cache so they
can be initiated/cloned correctly.
Git modules are updated now. I added the script that did the job at
Closing bug report (hopefully we did get it this time!).