Description of Problem:
If an offer code is valid for a product which gets added to the cart as a
cross-sell/up-sell, then the offer code will not get applied.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log into http://www.webqa.redhat.com/cgi-bin/store
2. Place the HA product in your cart
3. Should get offered the Professional product as cross-sell
4. Add it to your cart and you will see that the price is $179.95
5. Continue on to the address verification screen and notice that the offer
code field is blank
Get charged $179.95 for the Professional product and the offer code is not
displayed on the address verification screen
Offer code should appear on the address verification screen and the
customer should get charged only $159.95 for the Professional product.
The cross sale item's order links are dynamically generated. The rh_product
table doesn't support offer codes for dynamic generation, nor does the item
editor support it.
In short, offer codes seem to be verified and stored in the database, but all
offer code input is done by the user or hardcoded in the existing store.
We will need to continue to hardcode them or update the IC code and/or the
database structure to better support them.
Closing this out as we did not launch Interchange.