Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 431375
ThinkPad keyboard layout view nearly all black
Last modified: 2008-05-21 02:13:42 EDT
Description of problem:
My keyboard model is set (using gnome-keyboard-properties) to "IBM ThinkPad
560Z/600/600E/A22E", with the "U.S. English" layout. If I use the keyboard
indicator applet's "Show Current Layout" menu item, the keyboard layout view is
almost completely black. Only the row of function keys and a few others are shown.
I see the same issue if I click "Add..." in the "Layouts" tab of
gnome-keyboard-properties. If the keyboard model is "IBM ThinkPad
560Z/600/600E/A22E", then no matter which layout and variant I select, most of
the keyboard preview is just black.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run gnome-keyboard-properties
2. Select the "Layouts" tab.
3. Click "Choose" to change the keyboard model.
4. Choose vendor IBM, model "IBM ThinkPad 560Z/600/600E/A22E".
5. Back in the "Layouts" tab of the main dialog, click "Add..." to select a
6. Observe that the layout preview is nearly all black.
7. Add the "Keyboard Indicator" applet to your panel.
8. Choose "Show Current Layout" from this applet's popup menu.
9. Observe again that the layout view is nearly all black.
Most of the keyboard layout view is solid black instead of showing keys.
The keyboard's entire layout should be visible.
Created attachment 293840 [details]
screen shot of applet's "Show Current Layout" dialog
For what it's worth, this problem no longer appears under Fedora 9:
I guess I'll resolve this as CURRENTRELEASE, assuming I have permission to do so.