Bug 431376 - Selinux prevents attempt to activate menu for choosin macro to be executed
Selinux prevents attempt to activate menu for choosin macro to be executed
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: selinux-policy (Show other bugs)
8
i386 Linux
low Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Daniel Walsh
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-02-03 15:40 EST by Poul Kvist Pedersen
Modified: 2008-02-05 15:56 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version: Current
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-02-04 15:55:53 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Poul Kvist Pedersen 2008-02-03 15:40:34 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; da-DK; rv:1.8.1.10) Gecko/20071213 Fedora/2.0.0.10-3.fc8 Firefox/2.0.0.10

Description of problem:
Openoffice Writer and Calc (danish version) both cause SELinux to stop attempting to run executable on the heap; but not always. I installede fc8 with openoffice 3-4 weeks ago and I am now trying to run simple macros - language just oenoffice basic, I tried a few macros, which I recorded, and the first example of the 'firststep' of the manual of the documentation of the OfficeSDK. I try to explain in englisk below, but I think it relevant to mention the danisk itemnames together with the enlish names- as far as I know them.
When I try to run a macro for the first time in an openoffice session via Main menu- (fun-k-tioner, english options), pressing the lettercombination <alt+k> the drop-down menu appears. Pressing <m> (Makroer, english Mac) a new menu appears once again allright; it offers among others the item macroexecution - pressing <m> or clicking it calls a stop from SELnux.
This happens almost invariably first time it its called this way in a session - but the macros can be executed by choosing the option administration- english managing macros ?/ editing macros ? of the the above mentioned sub-menu (by pressing <a>. A macro selection box will appear - choosing the relevant macro and selecting <run> actually make it run.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
openoffice.org-writer+calc -2.3.0-6.11.fc8

How reproducible:
Sometimes


Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

<alt+k>(funktioner|options)<m><m> 

Actual Results:
SELinux alert


Expected Results:
macroselection-box for macro-execution ought to appear

Additional info:
One might try the abovementioned workaround. Sometimes will the submenu for macroexecution be available without causing a SELinux alert
I think the menu-system concerning macros ought to be redesigned
Comment 1 Poul Kvist Pedersen 2008-02-03 15:50:39 EST
Sorry for misspellings. I hope englisk to be understandable as english and
danisk               as danish 
Comment 2 Caolan McNamara 2008-02-04 03:27:45 EST
Possibly due to dlopening libjvm.so and calling some java goo. The OOo-specific
similar code is fine under SELinux.
Comment 3 Daniel Walsh 2008-02-04 15:55:53 EST
yum update selinux-policy 

and make sure labels on /usr/lib are correct


restorecon -R -v /usr/lib

Should be fixed in current policy.
Comment 4 Poul Kvist Pedersen 2008-02-05 15:56:15 EST
Thanks for comments. I did the yum update selinux-policy to be quite sure;
nothing new was found. I did not make any changes to selinux  myself. The
restore con with your options did not report any changes. I am running the JRE
of the  SUN JDK; it is placed in /usr/java. restorecon -R -v /usr/java did not
report any changes either.But disabling java inside OOo (options|danish
funktioner)=>(settings|indstillinger)=>java=>disabling javaRE actually makes the
selinux alert not appear. A box asking for permission to activate JavaRe appears
instead. The officeVBAmacros are running fine afterwards whatever you say: yes
or no. I installed Sun Java using the steps of
http://fedorasolved.org/browser-solutions/java-i386/. OOo finds JRE of SunJava ok.
Possibly I did something wrong by not selecting paths for java inside OOo

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.