Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 432655
Review Request: R-car - Companion to Applied Regression package for R
Last modified: 2008-02-14 17:42:29 EST
Spec URL: http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/R-car.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/R-car-1.2-1.fc8.src.rpm
This package accompanies J. Fox, An R and S-PLUS Companion to Applied
Regression, Sage, 2002. The package contains mostly functions for applied
regression, linear models, and generalized linear models, with an emphasis on
regression diagnostics, particularly graphical diagnostic methods. There are
also some utility functions. With some exceptions, it does not duplicate
capabilities in the basic distribution of R, nor in widely used packages.
Where relevant, the functions in car are consistent with na.action = na.omit
Required for R-systemfit 1.0
Besides the standard R complaints, rpmlint says:
R-car.noarch: E: script-without-shebang /usr/share/R/library/car/CHANGES
R-car.noarch: E: wrong-script-end-of-line-encoding
The CHANGES file shouldn't be executable. However, once you fix that you'll get:
R-car.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
R-car.noarch: W: file-not-utf8 /usr/share/R/library/car/CHANGES
so it needs a chmod, a pass through tr and a pass through iconv.
I think that
is probably better as a URL tag.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly
X rpmlint has valid complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
R-car = 1.2-1.fc9
* %check is present and all tests pass.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
X CHANGES file should not be executable.
* scriptlets are OK (R index installation)
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
Updated the spec file.
* Wed Feb 13 2008 Orion Poplawski <email@example.com> 1.2-2
- Fix file permissions, line endings and encoding
Thanks for the review!
Still builds fine and rpmlint is slient excepting the two expected complaints
for R packages. Looks good to me.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: R-car
Short Description: Companion to Applied Regression package for R
Branches: F-8 F-7 EL-5 EL-4
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Checked in and built. Thanks all!