Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 433087
scheduler does not set the printer operation policy on startup, only on soft reload
Last modified: 2010-10-22 18:34:42 EDT
Description of problem:
When restarting the cups service or using the web interface
(http://locahhost:631) the default policies gets applied even though a custom
policy has been defined for the printer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to reproduce:
1. stop the cups service (command: service cups stop)
2. create a new policy in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
3. start the cups service (command: service cups start)
3. apply the policy to the printer (command: lpadmin -p <printer_name> -o
4. restart the cups service (command: service cups restart)
5. test policy
- default policy is applied
- custom policy is applied
- after restarting the cups service use the 'lpadmin' command to reapply the policy
This is upstream bug STR #2319, which is fixed in CUPS version 1.2.11.
Patch is attached.
Created attachment 295060 [details]
patch backported to cups-1.2.4
Proposing for RHEL-5.3 and granting Devel ACK.
Read ya, Phil
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux maintenance release. Product Management has requested
further review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential
inclusion in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Update release for currently deployed
products. This request is not yet committed for inclusion in an Update
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.