Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 435284
5.1 beta: Configuration Link slow
Last modified: 2010-10-22 18:52:22 EDT
Description of problem:
From Rackspace via Issue Tracker:
Just initial feedback on the 5.1 beta app, I see a lot of UI improvements which
have been nicer to work with speed wise. I did notice that clicking on the
"Configuration" tab after I migrated my existing data of 17500 boxes now has the
5 minute pull up time.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
5.1 high-touch beta
Steps to Reproduce:
5 minutes for page to load
Hi Kent, a few questions:
1) Do you know the exact link that is taking 5 minutes to load? Wonder if it's
the System Set Manager > Configuration tab or the main top nav bar >
Configuration Tab. Does it only happen on one page or are there other
configuration-related pages it's happening on?
2) Under what org (org #1 org admin, or an org 1+n org admin, or a non-org
admin) is it happening? Is it reproduceable when logged in using different roles
under different orgs?
3) Are all of the 17,500 systems in the same org? If not, how are they spread
out across orgs?
4) Do all 17,500 systems have provisioning entitlements? Are they all
configuration-enabled? If not, about what % is?
Oh it looks like there are updates from IT since I wrote comment 2. I still have
new questions though wrt to #5 in comment 1:
1) Are all 17,500k systems in the first org, org #1, or are they in org 2?
2) The 14 proxies are the only systems registered to the Satellite that have