Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 436172
vesa: not defaulting to 800x600
Last modified: 2008-03-12 16:56:16 EDT
<ajax> warren: i think there _is_ a bug there though. we should be validating
modes by attempting to fit them into the monitor's sync ranges, which in that
log are only big enough for 800x600.
X.org log in attachment is:
- Fedora 8 host
- kvm-62 -std-vga (VESA mode)
- PXE boot kernel-2.6.25-0.90.rc3.git5.fc9.i586
- NFS root boot
- X -query IPADDRESSOFHOST
- Resolution was 1920x1200, way too big.
- Login to GNOME (Fedora 8)
- Last X client disconnected, attempted to regenerate, failed.
xrandr in that environment printed:
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1200, maximum 1920 x 1200
Created attachment 296914 [details]
This should be sorted in xserver 184.108.40.2061-4