Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 437510
anaconda crash in text mode after grub settings
Last modified: 2008-06-21 16:17:01 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20080208 Fedora/126.96.36.199-1.fc8 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Description of problem:
After having choosen which systems you want to boot and which one is default, anaconda crashes with this error:
text.py", line 165, in __call__
locations.append (format %
line 629, in run
rc = win(self.screen, instance)
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line
1065, in <module>
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec
can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
9: original not in range(128)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora9-Alpha i386 rescue CD: install in text mode via FTP
Steps to Reproduce:
0. download Fedora9-Alpha rescue CD i386 and check the SHA1SUM
1. boot Fedora9-Alpha rescue CD i386
2. choose new install in text mode
3. when ask for install method, choose URL
4. URL = ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/releases/test/9-Alpha/Fedora/i386/iso/
5. let all options as default
6. just after anaconda asked for which systems to boot and which will be default (the screen which will build the grub menu)
7. validate this screen and it crashes with this error.
Anaconda crashes every times in text mode
it should have continued with the next step of the installation, just after grub configuration.
The system is uninstalable with the options all set to default.
Which locale are you running with?
I'm running with french locale (fr-FR).
I think Jeremy fixed this up the other day when fixing a related bug. Please
try the preview release of F9 and see if it's working better.
Changing version to '9' as part of upcoming Fedora 9 GA.
More information and reason for this action is here: