Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 437638
Very slow Performance with Openoffice in Full Screen
Last modified: 2009-01-09 02:43:43 EST
Description of problem:
When ever i open a Openoffice Document (doesn't matter which one) and maximize
it the Perfromance gets to an unacceptable speed, wen i maximize the window by
hand (not the maximize button) very close to the max, the Performance is as fast
as when it is very small. When i switch to Full Screen (slideshow) the system
basically becomes unresponsivness and it takes 2-3 minutes to even switch
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
i tested the xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.8.0 driver from the repo as well as the latest
git from today, both versions have the same effect. switching to radeonhd
doesnÄt show this, this is why it leads me to the conclusion it needs to be the
ati driver :-)
open a openoffice impress (präsentation) start the slideshow and flip between
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open presentation
2. swicth page down
3. switch page down again
takes 2-3 minutes to switch a page (even a one with just text, no graphs)
should switch in 1 sec or faster .
Thanks for the bug report. We have reviewed the information you have provided
above, and there is some additional information we require that will be helpful
in our diagnosis of this issue.
Please attach your X server config file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) and X server log
file (/var/log/Xorg.*.log) to the bug report as individual uncompressed file
attachments using the bugzilla file attachment link below.
Could you please also try to run without any /etc/X11/xorg.conf whatsoever and
let X11 autodetect your display and video card? Attach to this bug
/var/log/Xorg.0.log from this attempt as well, please.
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 298365 [details]
xorg.conf in use
Created attachment 298366 [details]
Created attachment 298367 [details]
Xorg.log when the Problem happens
Created attachment 298374 [details]
Xorg.0.log after auto configure
same Problem exists, even after self configuration
Created attachment 298376 [details]
This message is a reminder that Fedora 8 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 8. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '8'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 8's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 8 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 8 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2009-01-07. Fedora 8 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.