Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 43840
system hangs after /sbin/loader
Last modified: 2005-10-31 17:00:50 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0b; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
The installation hangs after running /sbin/loader and after about 7
minutes, the process continues (language selection, ...) but it's very
slow (about 2-3 minutes / pages) and craches before mouse selection.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.boot from RH7.1 CD1
Actual Results: hangs after running /sbin/loader (in all the
Expected Results: the first installation menu should have appeared
- Packard Bell Club 2560c
- Celeron 600
- 192 Mo RAM
- 2 ATA-4 HD (18Go 40Go)
- ps2 keyboard&mouse
- no usb devices
- 1 tulip based ethernet card
- 1 ati mach 64 cards (in board intel based vga disable)
- 1 cdrom 40x
- on board sound AC97 disabled
Other information :
- I've tried with RH7.0 and it worked fine.
- There is a debian potato installed on this box and it works fine, but i
need to put RH.
- I used the same CD to install RH7.1 on another box (not same hardware)
and it worked (so it's not a CD burning related problem)
Can you look on VC3 and VC4 and see if there are any error messages?
Closing due to inactivity. Please reopen if you have more information.